Volcano: Cannes Review
Despite some hot-and-heavy old-age sex, "Volcano" is not going to be many folks' first choice for a date movie.
Despite some hot-and-heavy old-age sex, Volcano is not going to be many folks’ first choice for a date movie. But Icelandic writer-director Runar Runarsson’s drama is a love story observed with tenderness that never compromises its truthfulness. It will strike affecting chords for anyone who has dealt with a partner or elderly parent’s illness, and the painful decisions that arise from it.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR