Waste Land -- Film Review
8:37 PM PDT 10/14/2010 by John DeFore
PARK CITY -- A joy to watch despite the abject poverty it contains, Waste Land transcends the artist-doc format and has a broad emotional appeal that should ensure a warm reaction from theatrical audiences.
Easily as concerned with social and environmental issues as it is with the fine-art career that sets it in motion, the movie never focuses on big issues at the expense of the individuals it encounters.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR