Winter's Bone -- Film Review
8:29 PM PDT 10/14/2010 by John DeFore
PARK CITY -- Six years after winning an award here for "Down to the Bone," director Debra Granik returns to Sundance with her follow-up, "Winter's Bone," a grim story of persistence set deep in the Ozarks.
Slow to get going and uningratiating, the film will be a hard sell at the boxoffice, but its grit and the tenacity of its young heroine will resonate with some viewers.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR