50 Cent Slims Down in 'All Things Fall Apart' Trailer (Video)
The rapper stars as a football player whose career is derailed when he’s diagnosed with cancer.
The trailer for All Things Fall Apart starts off predictably enough. There’s Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson playing successful high school football player Deon who’s on his way to becoming a star. He can be seen running shirtless, showing off his hulking frame and muscles.
But wait! Deon is diagnosed with cancer, derailing his plans for his football career.
And then, in a surprising visual turn, a very thin Jackson appears on screen. It’s been reported that the rapper-turned-actor lost more than 50 pounds for the role. Gone with the weight seems to be his usual swagger, making Deon seem much more believable.
Directed by Mario Van Peebles and also starring Ray Liotta, All Things Fall Apart was picked up by Image Entertainment in September 2011. It premiered at the Miami International Film Festival last March.
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project