50 Cent Slims Down in 'All Things Fall Apart' Trailer (Video)
The rapper stars as a football player whose career is derailed when he’s diagnosed with cancer.
The trailer for All Things Fall Apart starts off predictably enough. There’s Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson playing successful high school football player Deon who’s on his way to becoming a star. He can be seen running shirtless, showing off his hulking frame and muscles.
But wait! Deon is diagnosed with cancer, derailing his plans for his football career.
And then, in a surprising visual turn, a very thin Jackson appears on screen. It’s been reported that the rapper-turned-actor lost more than 50 pounds for the role. Gone with the weight seems to be his usual swagger, making Deon seem much more believable.
Directed by Mario Van Peebles and also starring Ray Liotta, All Things Fall Apart was picked up by Image Entertainment in September 2011. It premiered at the Miami International Film Festival last March.
- And The First Anchor Award Goes To...
- Thom Jongkind of Blasterjaxx Talks About Performing in New York City, the 20x20x20 Foundation and Sunsets
- Bella Thorne Celebrates Bi Visibility Day With Instagram Of That Girl She Sometimes Kisses
- Bill Nunn, Actor Who Fought The Power In 'Do The Right Thing,' Dies
- You Can Now Stream David Bowie’s Previously Unreleased Album The Gouster
- Do the Right Thing Actor Bill Nunn Dead at 62
- Seth Meyers Discusses Jimmy Fallon’s Trump Interview and the Role of Late Night TV: ‘People Use It For Escapism’
- There’s Lots and Lots and Lots of Sexual Innuendo in the Music Video for Tegan and Sara’s ‘Stop Desire’