50 Cent Slims Down in 'All Things Fall Apart' Trailer (Video)
The rapper stars as a football player whose career is derailed when he’s diagnosed with cancer.
The trailer for All Things Fall Apart starts off predictably enough. There’s Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson playing successful high school football player Deon who’s on his way to becoming a star. He can be seen running shirtless, showing off his hulking frame and muscles.
But wait! Deon is diagnosed with cancer, derailing his plans for his football career.
And then, in a surprising visual turn, a very thin Jackson appears on screen. It’s been reported that the rapper-turned-actor lost more than 50 pounds for the role. Gone with the weight seems to be his usual swagger, making Deon seem much more believable.
Directed by Mario Van Peebles and also starring Ray Liotta, All Things Fall Apart was picked up by Image Entertainment in September 2011. It premiered at the Miami International Film Festival last March.
- A 40-Year-Old Woman Has A No. 1 Hit For The First Time In Nearly 16 Years
- Hamptons Journal: Nona Hendryx Pays Tribute to Bowie at LongHouse Reserve Jubilee/ Richard Mishaan's Design at Guild Hall, and the East Hampton Historical Society
- Teenager's Stunning Celine Dion Covers Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- Nick Cannon Let Loose In New 'Access Hollywood' Interview
- Hamilton's Renée Elise Goldsberry to Star in HBO's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Not Magnificent Enough, Now Chance the Rapper Is Making His Own Music Festival in Chicago
- Vladimir Putin Is Having a Rough Day Working the Phone for Donald Trump
- Everything You Missed at the Inaugural 2016 Panorama Festival