Adam Shankman in Talks to Direct 'The Nutcracker'
The New Line film will be based on the classic E.T.A. Hoffmann story.
Adam Shankman is in talks to direct the big-screen adaptation of The Nutcracker for New Line.
Darren Lemke (Jack the Giant Killer) is writing the project, which Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill Entertainment are producing.
The film is based on the classic E.T.A. Hoffmann story The Nutcracker and the Mouse King, about a girl whose Christmas toy comes alive. It inspired the perennial ballet.
The UTA-repped Shankman has an adaptation of the musical Rock of Ages hitting theaters in June for New Line. He also produced Going the Distance and 17 Again for the company, and directed Hairspray in 2007.
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Recap: The Public-Urination Case of a Lifetime
- Miss Piggy and Kermit Have Also Called It Quits; the Summer of Breakups Extends to Animals
- Stonewall Trailer: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fights for Gay Rights in Roland Emmerich’s Passion Project
- Another One Down: Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards End Their Engagement
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals the Qualities She Looks For in a Boyfriend
- Ellen Page Steps Out With Rumored Girlfriend Samantha Thomas
- Miles Teller Got to Skip the Customs Line at the Airport Because of 'Fantastic Four' Role (Video)
- Meryl Streep Got A Guitar Lesson from Neil Young for 'Ricki & The Flash'!