Adam Shankman in Talks to Direct 'This Is Where I Leave You' for Warner Bros.
The director of the upcoming "Rock of Ages" is in talks to helm an adaptation of Jonathan Tropper's novel about a dysfunctional family.
Rock of Ages helmer Adam Shankman is in talks to direct This Is Where I Leave You for Warner Bros., the studio confirms. The project is based on the Jonathan Tropper novel about four grown children who return to the house they grew up in and sit shiva with their mother after their father dies. Dysfunctional comedy ensues.
Spring Creek Productions' Jeff Levine and Paula Weinstein are producing. Shankman and his Offspring Entertainment partner Jennifer Gibgot may also come aboard as producers.
The UTA-repped Shankman has Rock of Ages coming out in June from Warner Bros. and Step Up 4, which he produced, dancing into theaters in July. He has previously directed Bedtime Stories, Hairspray and Bringing Down the House.
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration