'Admission' Trailer: Tina Fey Has a Son, and Paul Rudd Has a Crush (Video)
The "30 Rock" and "This Is 40" star, long in the same comedy orbit, team up for an indie romance with higher aspirations.
Liz Lemon might be saying goodbye (and getting married!), but her legacy lives on.
Behold the next step in Tina Fey's acting career: heading back to the movies full time. The 30 Rock jack of all trades, who has come to embody a new generation of smart, working women onscreen, is having her disjointedly ambitious character on the show tie the knot, but in her upcoming film, Admission, she returns to the life of a career-driven, single woman -- with a twist.
Fey plays a Princeton admissions officer who gets two surprises: one, the identity of the son she long ago put up for adoption, and two, a charming, generous and interested chap named Paul Rudd. Remarkably, this is the first time they have played love interests; Fey has done the dance with Steve Carell (Date Night); Jon Hamm, Matt Damon and James Marsden (30 Rock).
The link connecting this all? Michael Sheen, who tried to date Liz on 30 Rock and also stars in Admission.
The film, which walks the line of comedy and dramedy (drame-doubl-dy?) hits theaters March 8.
- Report: Nickelodeon Might Make Your Life and Bring Back Some of Your Favorite Childhood Classics
- Stephen Colbert, Jeb! Bush Get Into Intense VIP Offer War
- Watch The Biebs Explain What the Deal Was With All Those VMA Emotions, Forgetfully Reveal His New Album's Release Date
- Please Adjust Your Book Club Schedules: Gucci Mane's Autobiography Is on the Way
- Here's Lucy! Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball
- Oscars 2016 Ceremony Will Have Two (or More) Hosts, Since It Went So Well Last Time
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Looking at Gina Rodriguez, Tatiana Maslany, Olivia Cooke For Lead Role
- Candace Cameron Bure Talks 'Fuller House': 'It Feels Like We Didn't Skip a Beat'