'Admission' Trailer: Tina Fey Has a Son, and Paul Rudd Has a Crush (Video)
The "30 Rock" and "This Is 40" star, long in the same comedy orbit, team up for an indie romance with higher aspirations.
Liz Lemon might be saying goodbye (and getting married!), but her legacy lives on.
Behold the next step in Tina Fey's acting career: heading back to the movies full time. The 30 Rock jack of all trades, who has come to embody a new generation of smart, working women onscreen, is having her disjointedly ambitious character on the show tie the knot, but in her upcoming film, Admission, she returns to the life of a career-driven, single woman -- with a twist.
Fey plays a Princeton admissions officer who gets two surprises: one, the identity of the son she long ago put up for adoption, and two, a charming, generous and interested chap named Paul Rudd. Remarkably, this is the first time they have played love interests; Fey has done the dance with Steve Carell (Date Night); Jon Hamm, Matt Damon and James Marsden (30 Rock).
The link connecting this all? Michael Sheen, who tried to date Liz on 30 Rock and also stars in Admission.
The film, which walks the line of comedy and dramedy (drame-doubl-dy?) hits theaters March 8.
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits