Agatha Christie Estate Signs With WME
As one of the most enduring mystery authors of all time, the British writer is coveted for spawning numerous franchises.
The Agatha Christie Estate has signed with WME for representation.
At a time when estates like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's -- creator of Sherlock Holmes -- are generating big business, Christie's is one of the most coveted.
As one of the most enduring mystery authors of all time, Christie has sold more than 2 billion books and has spawned numerous franchises. As part of this exclusive partnership, WME will represent all facets of her estate, expanding its reach across TV, film and digital media.
WME will work closely with Acorn Productions -- an RLJ Entertainment company -- which acquired a 64 percent stake in Agatha Christie Ltd. in February 2012, and with the Christie family, who hold the balance of 36 percent.
Christie’s properties include more than 80 novels and short story collections including Murder on the Orient Express as well as 19 plays and an expansive media library. It also holds ownership of iconic characters Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, each of whom has spawned successful TV franchises.
The late author continues to sell more than 3 million books per year worldwide and is responsible for the most popular mystery novel of all time, And Then There Were None.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- Best of Late Night TV: How Key & Peele Met, Sex Expert's Tips, Julianna Margulies' Musical Announcements (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- Kristen Bell Puts Pregnancy Style on Display for Samsung Ad!
- Kat Graham Speaks at 'Vampire Diaries' Vegas Convention Before Season Six Premiere Photos Released
- Emmy Rossum's Younger Co-Star Doesn't Know What a Beeper is!
- Kate Beckinsale Jets Out of LAX Looking Amazing After 'Underworld' Franchise Announcement