Al Pacino, Garry Marshall Sign with Newly Minted Manager Rick Nicita (Exclusive)
Nicita, the former CAA managing partner and Morgan Creek co-chairman, departed the production company in January.
Rick Nicita has a new business pursuit.
The former Morgan Creek Productions co-chairman and CAA managing partner is now managing the careers of Al Pacino and director Garry Marshall.
A source with knowledge of Nicita's situation says he has not started a management company but has taken on Pacino and Marshall because they are friends and former CAA clients of his. Nicita is said to be plotting additional business plans, which could include getting into the production of Broadway shows, as well as film finance and production.
Nicita left Morgan Creek in January, just weeks after THR reported that his contract was up in December and he and Morgan Creek chairman Jim Robinson had not discussed an extension.
Nicita, who is married to producer Paula Wagner, joined Morgan Creek in August 2008 after a long career at CAA, where he was managing partner at the time of his departure in summer 2008. During his tenure, Morgan Creek released only a handful of films, including the disappointing supernatural thriller Dream House, which opened Sept. 30.
While at CAA, Nicita ran the careers of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, among others. Nicita declined comment.
Pacino is represented by ICM, and Marshall is repped by CAA.
- Jon Stewart Gives 'Schoolhouse Rock' A Modern Makeover On 'The Daily Show'
- Jimmy Kimmel Named 'Most Dangerous Celebrity' To Search For Online
- Theater: "You Can't" Can't But James Earl Jones Surely Can
- "Cruisin'" with Jesse J & Smokey Robinson, Plus Chatting with Kandace Springs, Steve Arrington and AJ Croce
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason
- Mindy Kaling Dancing with Elmo on 'Sesame Street' Is the Cutest Thing You'll Watch Today (VIDEO)