Al Pacino, Garry Marshall Sign with Newly Minted Manager Rick Nicita (Exclusive)
Nicita, the former CAA managing partner and Morgan Creek co-chairman, departed the production company in January.
Rick Nicita has a new business pursuit.
The former Morgan Creek Productions co-chairman and CAA managing partner is now managing the careers of Al Pacino and director Garry Marshall.
A source with knowledge of Nicita's situation says he has not started a management company but has taken on Pacino and Marshall because they are friends and former CAA clients of his. Nicita is said to be plotting additional business plans, which could include getting into the production of Broadway shows, as well as film finance and production.
Nicita left Morgan Creek in January, just weeks after THR reported that his contract was up in December and he and Morgan Creek chairman Jim Robinson had not discussed an extension.
Nicita, who is married to producer Paula Wagner, joined Morgan Creek in August 2008 after a long career at CAA, where he was managing partner at the time of his departure in summer 2008. During his tenure, Morgan Creek released only a handful of films, including the disappointing supernatural thriller Dream House, which opened Sept. 30.
While at CAA, Nicita ran the careers of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, among others. Nicita declined comment.
Pacino is represented by ICM, and Marshall is repped by CAA.
- Taylor Swift Performs 'This Is What You Came For' During Only Concert in 2016, Giving the People That For Which They Came — More or Less
- In a Move You Can Probably Domo Arigato Mr. Robot for, NBC Is Adapting Hacker Film Sneakers
- Sky Ferreira to Do a Lot of Rockin’ and Headbangin’ in a Black Metal Film
- Ryan Gosling Was Almost Cast on Gilmore Girls, and Other Things We Learned From the Show’s Fan Fest
- Josh Hartnett Says He'd Love 'Penny Dreadful' to Return for Another Season! (Video)
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement (Report)
- Celebrities React to Chicago Cubs Making it to the World Series for the First Time Since 1945!
- Katie Holmes Fuels Up On Coffee After 'LA Weekly' Meeting