'All My Children's' Alicia Minshew Nabs Lead in 'Desires of the Heart' (Exclusive)
The film will begin production in Savannah, Georgia, on Monday before moving to India.
All My Children star Alicia Minshew will play the lead in the film Desires of the Heart, which began production in Savannah, GA, on Monday.
The actress, who has been nominated for two Daytime Emmys for her role as Kendall Hart on the soap, will play Madeline, an artist who lives in Georgia and catches the eye of a psychiatrist (Val Lauren) visiting from India. However, as the duo begin to develop a relationship, the psychiatrist is sent home to India to marry a woman chosen for him by his parents.
From executive producer Solila Parida (Vishkanya), Desires of the Heart is directed by James Kicklighter (Followed, The Car Wash) and co-directed in India by Rajesh Rathi (Chase). The production will later move to India after filming in Georgia.
Minshew played Erica Kane’s (Susan Lucci) daughter, Kendall Hart, on All My Children from January 2002 through the broadcast series finale on September 23, 2011.
Val Lauren starred in the 2011 film, Sal, which was directed by James Franco. In the film, which premiered at the Venice Film Festival, Lauren plays Hollywood actor Sal Mineo, who became a 1950s teen idol with movies like James Dean vehicle Rebel Without A Cause.
Minshew is represented by Newman-Thomas Management. Lauren is represented by The Schiff Company.
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup