Amy Adams to Star in 'Object of Beauty' for Maven Pictures
The "Muppets" actress will also produce the adaptation of the Steve Martin novel.
Amy Adams will star in and produce a feature adaptation of the Steve Martin novel Object of Beauty with Maven Pictures producers Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray.
Beauty follows an art entrepreneur over 15 years of her life, as she acquires her own gallery, travels the world and tangles romantically with a series of men, including one who becomes a famous artist.
“We couldn’t be happier to be working with the brilliant Amy Adams on this adaptation of Steve Martin’s smart novel,” said Styler and Rattray. “This project continues on Maven’s mission of making films that highlight strong female characters and talent.”
Repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Adams most recently starred in The Muppets and The Fighter. She will next be seen in Man of Steel, The Master and On the Road.
Maven Pictures is in post-production on Imogene, starring Kristen Wiig, and has just begun production on Filth, starring James McAvoy and Jamie Bell.
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend