Amy Adams to Star in 'Object of Beauty' for Maven Pictures
The "Muppets" actress will also produce the adaptation of the Steve Martin novel.
Amy Adams will star in and produce a feature adaptation of the Steve Martin novel Object of Beauty with Maven Pictures producers Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray.
Beauty follows an art entrepreneur over 15 years of her life, as she acquires her own gallery, travels the world and tangles romantically with a series of men, including one who becomes a famous artist.
“We couldn’t be happier to be working with the brilliant Amy Adams on this adaptation of Steve Martin’s smart novel,” said Styler and Rattray. “This project continues on Maven’s mission of making films that highlight strong female characters and talent.”
Repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Adams most recently starred in The Muppets and The Fighter. She will next be seen in Man of Steel, The Master and On the Road.
Maven Pictures is in post-production on Imogene, starring Kristen Wiig, and has just begun production on Filth, starring James McAvoy and Jamie Bell.
- Report: Nickelodeon Might Make Your Life and Bring Back Some of Your Favorite Childhood Classics
- Stephen Colbert, Jeb! Bush Get Into Intense VIP Offer War
- Watch The Biebs Explain What the Deal Was With All Those VMA Emotions, Forgetfully Reveal His New Album's Release Date
- Please Adjust Your Book Club Schedules: Gucci Mane's Autobiography Is on the Way
- Here's Lucy! Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball
- Oscars 2016 Ceremony Will Have Two (or More) Hosts, Since It Went So Well Last Time
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Looking at Gina Rodriguez, Tatiana Maslany, Olivia Cooke For Lead Role
- Candace Cameron Bure Talks 'Fuller House': 'It Feels Like We Didn't Skip a Beat'