Anne Hathaway Cast as Fantine in 'Les Misérables'
The Universal production also stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe.
Anne Hathaway has nabbed the coveted role of Fantine in Universal Pictures' and Working Title Films' new production of Les Misérables.
She joins co-stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in the project, which The King's Speech helmer Tom Hooper is directing. The film has been slotted for a Dec. 7, 2012 release.
Jackman has the role of Jean Valjean and Crowe will play Inspector Javert in the new adaptation of the classic Victor Hugo novel and stage play. William Nicholson (Gladiator) has written the screenplay. Sir Cameron Mackintosh is producing with Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Debra Hayward of Working Title.
Universal execs Erik Baiers and Maradith Frenkel are overseeing for the studio.
Repped by CAA and Management 360, Hathaway is currently filming Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises for a July release. She most recently starred in One Day, Love and Other Drugs and Alice in Wonderland.
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Neon Hitch's New Single 'Yard Sale' - Listen Now! (Exclusive Premiere)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Steps Out in East Hampton for 'Hector and the Search for Happiness' Screening!
- Bradley Cooper & Sienna Miller Begin Filming Their Second Movie Together, 'Adam Jones'!
- Sam Heughan & Caitriona Balfe Are Picture Perfect at 'Outlander' Screening