Anne Hathaway Cast as Fantine in 'Les Misérables'
The Universal production also stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe.
Anne Hathaway has nabbed the coveted role of Fantine in Universal Pictures' and Working Title Films' new production of Les Misérables.
She joins co-stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in the project, which The King's Speech helmer Tom Hooper is directing. The film has been slotted for a Dec. 7, 2012 release.
Jackman has the role of Jean Valjean and Crowe will play Inspector Javert in the new adaptation of the classic Victor Hugo novel and stage play. William Nicholson (Gladiator) has written the screenplay. Sir Cameron Mackintosh is producing with Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Debra Hayward of Working Title.
Universal execs Erik Baiers and Maradith Frenkel are overseeing for the studio.
Repped by CAA and Management 360, Hathaway is currently filming Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises for a July release. She most recently starred in One Day, Love and Other Drugs and Alice in Wonderland.
- John Oliver Asks, 'How Is This Not a Thing?'; Consequently, He Has Several Intense Responses to Several Great Things That Don't Exist but Should
- Game of Thrones Recap: Moral Victories
- That Time a Baked Sound Engineer Changed Eminem's 'Stan' Forever
- Comedian Doug Stanhope Says Amber Heard Is Blackmailing Johnny Depp
- Viggo Mortensen Reveals Why He Turned Down Lots of Roles After 'LOTR'
- Madonna Fires Back at BET Awards After Prince BBMAs Shade
- Domhnall Gleeson Spends the Day at Disneyland With Rumored Girlfriend Juliette Bonass
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Meet Chrissy Teigen & John Legend's Daughter Luna - Watch Now!