Anne Hathaway Cast as Fantine in 'Les Misérables'
The Universal production also stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe.
Anne Hathaway has nabbed the coveted role of Fantine in Universal Pictures' and Working Title Films' new production of Les Misérables.
She joins co-stars Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in the project, which The King's Speech helmer Tom Hooper is directing. The film has been slotted for a Dec. 7, 2012 release.
Jackman has the role of Jean Valjean and Crowe will play Inspector Javert in the new adaptation of the classic Victor Hugo novel and stage play. William Nicholson (Gladiator) has written the screenplay. Sir Cameron Mackintosh is producing with Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Debra Hayward of Working Title.
Universal execs Erik Baiers and Maradith Frenkel are overseeing for the studio.
Repped by CAA and Management 360, Hathaway is currently filming Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises for a July release. She most recently starred in One Day, Love and Other Drugs and Alice in Wonderland.
- The Cast Of 'Scandal' Looked Perfectly At Home In The Real White House
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Female Filmmakers Have it Just as Rough in Europe as They Do in Hollywood
- Captain America Brings Freedom To Foreign Lands With $200 Million Overseas Opening
- Mads Mikkelsen Wants to See Hannibal Return Just As Much As You Do
- Radiohead Erases All Social Media and Their Website Has Faded to White; Is This an Anti-Viral Marketing Campaign?