Aretha Franklin Signs With ICM (Exclusive)
The singer will record a new album with veteran executive Clive Davis.
Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has signed with ICM in all areas. She was previously with WME.
The Queen of Soul, an 18-time Grammy winner, has had 20 No. 1 hits on Billboard's R&B Singles Chart and 17 Top 10s on the Billboard Hot 100. Her hits include "Respect," "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman," "Chain of Fools," "Who's Zoomin' Who" and "I Knew You Were Waiting (for Me)."
The singer, who turned 70 last week, recently re-signed with Sony Music Entertainment and will record a new album with Clive Davis, who signed Franklin to his Arista Records in 1980. She had a career resurgence following the release of the album Jump to It in 1982.
Franklin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the first woman to receive the honor. She also was the youngest-ever recipient of the Kennedy Center Honor in 1994.
She released her 38th studio album, A Woman Falling Out of Love, in May.
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'