Aretha Franklin Signs With ICM (Exclusive)
The singer will record a new album with veteran executive Clive Davis.
Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has signed with ICM in all areas. She was previously with WME.
The Queen of Soul, an 18-time Grammy winner, has had 20 No. 1 hits on Billboard's R&B Singles Chart and 17 Top 10s on the Billboard Hot 100. Her hits include "Respect," "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman," "Chain of Fools," "Who's Zoomin' Who" and "I Knew You Were Waiting (for Me)."
The singer, who turned 70 last week, recently re-signed with Sony Music Entertainment and will record a new album with Clive Davis, who signed Franklin to his Arista Records in 1980. She had a career resurgence following the release of the album Jump to It in 1982.
Franklin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the first woman to receive the honor. She also was the youngest-ever recipient of the Kennedy Center Honor in 1994.
She released her 38th studio album, A Woman Falling Out of Love, in May.
- Watch Michael Fassbender And Alicia Vikander Recall Their Fairytale Meet-Cute
- Why So Many Gay Guys Like Barb From Stranger Things
- Indiana Jones and the Lost Labor of Love: Raiders! Chronicles Teens Remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Kim Kardashian And Blac Chyna Are Back To Being Best Friends In New Video
- How a YouTuber Went From Bedroom Impressionist to Making a Cameo on Game of Thrones
- Lauren Conrad’s The Hills Special: Her Trailer’s Full of Secrets
- Weekend Update’s Michael Che and Colin Jost Interview Bernie Sanders Supporters and Their Hats at the DNC
- Rick and Morty’s Re-creation of an Actual Murder Trial Exchange Just Seems Like a Lost Episode