Aretha Franklin Signs With ICM (Exclusive)
The singer will record a new album with veteran executive Clive Davis.
Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has signed with ICM in all areas. She was previously with WME.
The Queen of Soul, an 18-time Grammy winner, has had 20 No. 1 hits on Billboard's R&B Singles Chart and 17 Top 10s on the Billboard Hot 100. Her hits include "Respect," "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman," "Chain of Fools," "Who's Zoomin' Who" and "I Knew You Were Waiting (for Me)."
The singer, who turned 70 last week, recently re-signed with Sony Music Entertainment and will record a new album with Clive Davis, who signed Franklin to his Arista Records in 1980. She had a career resurgence following the release of the album Jump to It in 1982.
Franklin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the first woman to receive the honor. She also was the youngest-ever recipient of the Kennedy Center Honor in 1994.
She released her 38th studio album, A Woman Falling Out of Love, in May.
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'