Aretha Franklin Signs With ICM (Exclusive)
The singer will record a new album with veteran executive Clive Davis.
Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has signed with ICM in all areas. She was previously with WME.
The Queen of Soul, an 18-time Grammy winner, has had 20 No. 1 hits on Billboard's R&B Singles Chart and 17 Top 10s on the Billboard Hot 100. Her hits include "Respect," "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman," "Chain of Fools," "Who's Zoomin' Who" and "I Knew You Were Waiting (for Me)."
The singer, who turned 70 last week, recently re-signed with Sony Music Entertainment and will record a new album with Clive Davis, who signed Franklin to his Arista Records in 1980. She had a career resurgence following the release of the album Jump to It in 1982.
Franklin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the first woman to receive the honor. She also was the youngest-ever recipient of the Kennedy Center Honor in 1994.
She released her 38th studio album, A Woman Falling Out of Love, in May.
- Lincoln's Ghost Has Surprising Response To Donald Trump's Gettysburg Speech
- If Leonardo DiCaprio's Climate Doc Doesn't Make You Care About The Planet, Nothing Will
- You'll Go Gaga Over James Corden's Latest 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Deepak Chopra Breaks Down Everything That's Spiritually Wrong With Donald Trump
- Lady Gaga Sings Along to 'Bad Romance' in 'Carpool Karaoke' Promo - Watch Now!
- President Obama Digs Donald Trump While Reading Mean Tweets on 'Kimmel' - Watch It!
- Alessandra Ambrosio Hits the Beach in a Bikini Before Attending 'Elle' Women In Hollywood Awards
- Amy Adams, Lupita Nyong’o & Helen Mirren Celebrate Their Honor at 'Elle' Women In Hollywood Awards