Ari Graynor Cast in Indie Comedy 'For a Good Time, Call...' (Exclusive)
Short-film and commercials director Jamie Travis has been tapped to direct.
Ari Graynor and Lauren Miller will play the leads in For a Good Time, Call..., a raunchy indie comedy Miller wrote with Katie Naylon. Short-film and commercials director Jamie Travis will make his feature debut on the project.
Graynor and Miller will play women who start a phone sex line. The tone is in the R-rated mold that films such as Bad Teacher and Bridesmaids have recently played up to enthusiastic audiences. Casting for the male parts, including many funny and ridiculous cameos, is under way. Seth Rogen, who is engaged to Miller, could turn up, as could other well-known comedy names, though no actors have yet been nailed down.
Josh Kesselman and Jennifer Weinbaum of Principal Entertainment are producing along with Miller and Naylon. Graynor and Dan Miller are executive producers on the project, which starts shooting in L.A. in four weeks.
Repped by UTA and Principal, Graynor has recently appeared in the films Conviction, Holy Rollers and Whip It, and the Fox series Fringe. She will next be seen in the Fox comedies The Sitter and What's Your Number?, and the Phase 4 comedy Lucky, which hits theaters tomorrow. She will also appear on Broadway in Woody Allen's one-act part of Everything's Relative.
Travis, repped by WME and Media Talent Group, has written and directed a number of short films that have played at the Sundance and Toronto film festivals.
Miller, also repped by UTA and Principal, has appeared as an actress in Superbad, Zack and Miri Make a Porno and Observe and Report.
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Sandra Bullock On Media's Treatment Of Women: 'It's Become Open Hunting Season'
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Adam Driver Premieres His Film 'While We're Young' in Paris
- 'The Dukes of Hazzard' Pulled From TV Land Schedule After Confederate Flag Controversy
- Watch Stephen Colbert Hilariously Interview Eminem on 'Only in Monroe' Public Access Show
- Rachel Bilson Doesn't Mind a 5am Poop Diaper If It Comes with This View!