Armie Hammer to Star in Psychological Thriller '2:22'
Lightstream Pictures co-founder Paul Currie is set to direct.
Armie Hammer’s star power continues to roll on.
The actor, who played the Winklevoss twins in The Social Network, is attached to star in 2:22, a psychological thriller from Lightstream Pictures that will be selling at the Cannes International Film Festival.
Lightstream co-founder Paul Currie will direct from a script by Todd Stein and Nathan Parker.
2:22 is described as a “rollercoaster thriller that centers on Dylan (Hammer) an air traffic controller who is given a jolt when he narrowly escapes being responsible for a mid air collision between two passenger planes. Caused by a mysterious blinding light that happened at 2:22, these strange occurrences continue and lead Dylan to meet Sarah, with whom he feels inexplicably linked. Together the two discover uncanny similarities with their current predicament and a double murder committed a generation ago. With a grim fate looming, Dylan must solve the mystery of 2:22 to preserve a love whose second chance has finally come.”
The film is eyeing a fall start in Sydney, Australia.
Lawrence Inglee from Lightstream Pictures is producing along with Bruce Davey of Icon Productions and Jackie O’Sullivan.
Timeless Films will be handling international sales for 2:22 beginning at the Cannes International Film Festival.
Since the awards waved ridden by Social Network, Hammer has booked the role of the prince in Tarsem Singh’s The Brothers Grimm: Snow White, and is in talks with Disney to play the title character of The Lone Ranger, the high-profile project that has Johnny Depp attached as the Lone Ranger’s partner Tonto.
Hammer is repped by WME and attorney Harris Hartman.
- California Just Passed A Law Requiring IMDb To Remove Ages Upon Request
- You’ll Never Find a Better Judi Dench Impression Than in the Trailer for Tracey Ullman’s Show, We Guarantee It
- The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
- You Can Now Stream David Bowie’s Previously Unreleased Album The Gouster
- Gigi Hadid Steps Out for 'TommyxGigi' Launch Event in Milan
- Nicole Richie Celebrates Birthday with Joel Madden, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, & More at Disco-Themed Party!
- Adriana Lima & Joan Smalls Hit the Runway at the Bottega Veneta Show during Milan Fashion Week
- Alessandra Ambrosio Lands at LAX After Modeling Abroad