First Clip of Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs Features a Nerdy Freakout (Video)
The tech-geek actor has a minor revelation in this first clip from the Sundance film, which hits theaters in April.
We know Ashton Kutcher looks like a young Steve Jobs, but can he act like him?
Finally, after months of photo mash-ups and vague updates, the first clip from jOBS, in which Kutcher plays the late Apple co-founder, has hit the web -- just ahead of the film's debut at Sundance. Kutcher, well known for his own enthusiasm for and investments in gadgets, apps and other hip buzzwords, is seen in this minutelong spot having a revelation that ultimately will alter the very landscape of computing.
Steve Wozniak, the Apple co-founder played by 1600 Penn's Josh Gad, has been working on a computer operating system that would create an interface for people using the still-rudimentary tool. He doesn't quite believe that anyone would actually want to buy a computer, a sentiment with which Jobs disagrees -- a sign of his innate understanding of the consumer's desires (even before they desire things).
The film hits theaters April 19.
- INTERVIEW: Chloë Grace Moretz, Liana Liberato, and Gayle Forman on If I Stay
- Dead Daisies and Beyond: Chats with Dizzy Reed, The Verve Pipe's Brian Vander Ark, Jean-Luc Ponty and Uriah Heep's Mick Box
- The Ever Changing Face of the Music Industry
- Michael Egan Can't Find A Lawyer In Case Against Bryan Singer
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)
- 13 WTF Moments In MTV VMAs History (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Dressed as Star-Lord for a Visit to a Children's Hospital, Melting Our Hearts in the Process
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel