Aubrey Plaza Goes Nerdy '90s in 'The To Do List' Trailer (Video)
The "Parks and Recreation" star features as a high schooler looking to shed her innocence in a film that co-stars Donald Glover and Bill Hader.
Think of it as Ten Things I Hate About You: Sex Ed. Edition.
Following her role this summer as a college-age intern at a Seattle magazine in Safety Not Guaranteed, Aubrey Plaza goes back in time to play a high schooler working her way through the pains of social and sexual awkwardness in the 1990s-set comedy, The To Do List. In this first look, it's clear that both the film's fashions and intended discomfort deliver a whole world of nostalgic pain.
Written and directed by Funny or Die's Maggie Carey, the film puts Plaza in fantastic rounded glasses and skorts as she sets off to figure out the world of sex, which to her dismay mostly consists of things that end with "job." Joining her in the adventure are a whole slew of comedy co-stars, including Donald Glover (who tops Plaza in the fashion department with his overalls), Andy Samberg (with hair and hoodie to die for), and Bill Hader. Also involved are Johnny Simmons, Clark Gregg and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.
The film, it was announced Wednesday, will hit theaters on Valentine's Day 2013.
A warning: the trailer is red band and slightly NSFW.
- Jared Padalecki’s Dean to Return for Gilmore Girls Revival; Christopher and Doyle Are Back, Too!
- A Fascinating, Heartbreaking Sequence in Touched With Fire, the New Katie Holmes Movie About Bipolar Disorder
- Batman v Superman Final Trailer: Let’s Get to the Good Stuff, Shall We?
- Pretty Little Liars’ Janel Parrish on the Mona vs. Spencer Rivalry
- Kristen Stewart & Nicholas Hoult Get Steamy in the Shower in First Offical 'Equals' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Ciara & Allison Williams Celebarte Keds' Centennial Year!
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals He Played 'Let's Get It On' While Blake Lively Was in Labor!
- Tobey Maguire & Wife Jennifer Meyer Bring Kids Ruby & Otis to Saint Laurent Show at the Palladium