Barbra Streisand Signs With UTA
The legendary performer will be represented as an actress, producer and director.
Barbra Streisand has taken on a talent agency.
The legendary performer and social activist has signed with United Talent Agency, which will represent her as an actress, producer and director. She will continue to be represented by manager Marty Erlichman, who has guided her career -- including music -- for decades. Streisand has sold a whopping 71.5 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Streisand, 70, is a rare Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner. She most recently was onscreen opposite Seth Rogen in the comedy The Guilt Trip, her first starring film role in nearly a decade. She also performed at the Oscars on Feb. 24 in a tribute to late composer Marvin Hamlisch, her longtime friend and collaborator.
UTA also will represent Streisand's film and television production company Barwood Films.
A longtime champion of Democratic political candidates and philanthropic causes, Streisand's foundation has given millions of dollars to more than 700 nonprofit organizations, including the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler