Barbra Streisand Signs With UTA
The legendary performer will be represented as an actress, producer and director.
Barbra Streisand has taken on a talent agency.
The legendary performer and social activist has signed with United Talent Agency, which will represent her as an actress, producer and director. She will continue to be represented by manager Marty Erlichman, who has guided her career -- including music -- for decades. Streisand has sold a whopping 71.5 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Streisand, 70, is a rare Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner. She most recently was onscreen opposite Seth Rogen in the comedy The Guilt Trip, her first starring film role in nearly a decade. She also performed at the Oscars on Feb. 24 in a tribute to late composer Marvin Hamlisch, her longtime friend and collaborator.
UTA also will represent Streisand's film and television production company Barwood Films.
A longtime champion of Democratic political candidates and philanthropic causes, Streisand's foundation has given millions of dollars to more than 700 nonprofit organizations, including the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' Can't Be Stopped on the Billboard Hot 100!
- Amanda Seyfried To Take Part in 24 Hour Plays on Broadway with Nina Dobrev, Justin Long, & More!
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rose McGowan Hit Up Hollywood for 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Premiere!
- Daniel Radcliffe Knows He's Fortunate to Do a Job He Adores