Barbra Streisand Signs With UTA
The legendary performer will be represented as an actress, producer and director.
Barbra Streisand has taken on a talent agency.
The legendary performer and social activist has signed with United Talent Agency, which will represent her as an actress, producer and director. She will continue to be represented by manager Marty Erlichman, who has guided her career -- including music -- for decades. Streisand has sold a whopping 71.5 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Streisand, 70, is a rare Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner. She most recently was onscreen opposite Seth Rogen in the comedy The Guilt Trip, her first starring film role in nearly a decade. She also performed at the Oscars on Feb. 24 in a tribute to late composer Marvin Hamlisch, her longtime friend and collaborator.
UTA also will represent Streisand's film and television production company Barwood Films.
A longtime champion of Democratic political candidates and philanthropic causes, Streisand's foundation has given millions of dollars to more than 700 nonprofit organizations, including the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Best of Late Night TV: John Oliver's Self-Tasering and Conan O'Brien's Superbowl 'Clueless Gamer' (VIDEO)
- Watch Live! 'Black or White' Star Kevin Costner's One-on-One With Mr. Moviefone
- 'Still Alice' Review: Julianne Moore Anchors Intense Alzheimer's Film
- 'Terminator: Genisys' Super Bowl Trailer Features Arnold & Action Galore (VIDEO)
- Nick Jonas Has a Long Day in Paris While His Brothers Take on the States
- John Krasinski Shows Off His Full Beard After Working Out
- This Supercut of Jimmy Fallon's Favorite 'Ew!' Moments is Hilarious - Watch Here!
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne