Barbra Streisand Signs With UTA
The legendary performer will be represented as an actress, producer and director.
Barbra Streisand has taken on a talent agency.
The legendary performer and social activist has signed with United Talent Agency, which will represent her as an actress, producer and director. She will continue to be represented by manager Marty Erlichman, who has guided her career -- including music -- for decades. Streisand has sold a whopping 71.5 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Streisand, 70, is a rare Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner. She most recently was onscreen opposite Seth Rogen in the comedy The Guilt Trip, her first starring film role in nearly a decade. She also performed at the Oscars on Feb. 24 in a tribute to late composer Marvin Hamlisch, her longtime friend and collaborator.
UTA also will represent Streisand's film and television production company Barwood Films.
A longtime champion of Democratic political candidates and philanthropic causes, Streisand's foundation has given millions of dollars to more than 700 nonprofit organizations, including the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Donald Trump Fake-Calls Barack Obama on The Tonight Show to Gloat About the Indiana Outcome; On a Scale of 1-10, How Scared Are You?
- Gwen Stefani Carpool Karaoke: She Is Not Alone — George Clooney and Julia Roberts Are Also Here
- Justin Timberlake Reveals New Song Title; Said Song Comes Out This Friday
- Magic Mike Is Doing a Vegas Show — a.k.a. Live Hip-Thrusting
- Anna Faris' Son Jack Keeps Stealing Her Robe Rope!
- George Clooney & Julia Roberts Sing 'Hollaback Girl' With Gwen Stefani for Carpool Karaoke!
- Kylie Jenner Makes Rap Debut With Track Feature - Listen Now!
- Neil Patrick Harris is Unrecognizable While Filming 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' for Netflix