BBC Development Exec to Join UTA as TV Lit Agent
Lucinda Moorhead was previously manager of development at BBC Worldwide Productions in Los Angeles.
Lucinda Moorhead, previously the manager of development at BBC Worldwide Productions in Los Angeles, will join UTA as a talent agent in the TV literary department. She begins work with the agency on Jan. 2.
Moorhead had been with BBC Worldwide since 2008, and while there she worked on developing several programs for American audiences, including Starz's Torchwood: Miracle Day and the pay TV channel's forthcoming Da Vinci's Demons.
She isn't the first BBC Worldwide executive to leave the production company for UTA in the last year or so: In October 2010, Allison Wallach, who had been senior vp of programming at BBC Worldwide, joined UTA as an agent in its alternative TV department.
Before her stint with BBC Worldwide, Moorhead was an assistant at CAA.
“Lucinda is a passionate advocate for great television, and we know she will be a terrific agent and a major asset to our team,” said Jay Sures, UTA managing director, in a statement.
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration