Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake to Star in 'Runner, Runner'
Brad Furman is set to direct the thriller, which takes place in the world of online gambling.
Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake are set to star in Runner, Runner for New Regency.
The Lincoln Lawyer helmer Brad Furman is on board to direct the thriller, which takes place in the world of online gambling. While Timberlake's deal is closed, Affleck is in final negotiations.
Screenwriters Brian Koppelman and David Levien, whose 1998 thriller Rounders involved high-stakes backroom poker, wrote the screenplay. Production is scheduled to begin this summer in Puerto Rico.
Appian Way's Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing along with Double Feature Films' Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher, Stone VIllage Pictures' Scott Steindorff and Koppelman and Levien.
The WME-repped Affleck last starred in The Town, which he also co-wrote and directed. He has a new Terrence Malick project wrapped, and he stars in and directed the Warner Bros. thriller Argo, which hits theaters in October.
Repped by WME and Rick Yorn, Timberlake most recently starred in Bad Teacher, Friends With Benefits and In Time. He next stars in Trouble With the Curve, hitting theaters in September, and the Coen brothers' Inside Llewyn Davis, opening in February.
Repped by CAA and Atlas Entertainment, Furman also directed the 2007 crime drama The Take.
Repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment, Koppelman and Levien last wrote The Girlfriend Experience and Ocean's Thirteen together. They also co-directed Solitary Man, which Koppelman penned.
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet