Ben Affleck's 'I Killed My Lesbian Wife' Short Film Emerges Online (Video)
Produced in 1993, the dark comedy attempts to skewer Hollywood, but it's a long way from "Argo."
Take heart, aspiring filmmakers: If you feel hopeless and a world away from success when you see Ben Affleck showered with praise on Sunday, just remember that 20 years ago, he produced this.
Long before The Town, prior to Bennifer and Armageddon, even before Good Will Hunting and Kevin Smith flicks, the director of the Oscar-nominated Argo helmed a short film called I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Ηung Ηer on a Μeathook & Νow I Have a Three-Picture Deal with Disney. A satire, to be kind, the film tells the story of a crazed low-rent director who auditions a woman for a movie and screams at his bound and gagged wife. The logic behind it, though, is fuzzy.
Affleck has laughed off the film before, calling it "atrocious" in a 2010 interview with Entertainment Weekly.
"It's horrible. It's atrocious," he said. "I knew I wanted to be a director, and I did a couple of short films, and this is the only one that haunts me. I'm not proud of it. It looks like it was made by someone who has no prospects, no promise."
Just five years after Lesbian Wife was released, Affleck won an Oscar for co-writing Good Will Hunting, which he had begun writing years before. Who'd have thought?
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- David Alan Basche Tells Us His 5 Favorite Movies Featuring Sitcom Stars
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Leslie Jones to Cast
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!