Ben Affleck's 'I Killed My Lesbian Wife' Short Film Emerges Online (Video)
Produced in 1993, the dark comedy attempts to skewer Hollywood, but it's a long way from "Argo."
Take heart, aspiring filmmakers: If you feel hopeless and a world away from success when you see Ben Affleck showered with praise on Sunday, just remember that 20 years ago, he produced this.
Long before The Town, prior to Bennifer and Armageddon, even before Good Will Hunting and Kevin Smith flicks, the director of the Oscar-nominated Argo helmed a short film called I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Ηung Ηer on a Μeathook & Νow I Have a Three-Picture Deal with Disney. A satire, to be kind, the film tells the story of a crazed low-rent director who auditions a woman for a movie and screams at his bound and gagged wife. The logic behind it, though, is fuzzy.
Affleck has laughed off the film before, calling it "atrocious" in a 2010 interview with Entertainment Weekly.
"It's horrible. It's atrocious," he said. "I knew I wanted to be a director, and I did a couple of short films, and this is the only one that haunts me. I'm not proud of it. It looks like it was made by someone who has no prospects, no promise."
Just five years after Lesbian Wife was released, Affleck won an Oscar for co-writing Good Will Hunting, which he had begun writing years before. Who'd have thought?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 More Things You Never Noticed About The Wizard of Oz
- Kennedy Center Honors Celebrate Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Martina Arroyo, Shirley MacLaine
- LeAnn Rimes' 'Gasoline And Matches' Video Shot Entirely On iPhone
- Ben Affleck Lashes Out At Paparazzi, Says It's 'Wrong And Disgusting To Follow Children Around'
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction