BERLIN: Home Invasion Thriller 'You're Next' Being Touted at EFM
Adam Wingard's movie is produced by L.A. banner Snoot Entertainment.
BERLIN -- UPDATED: Anyone for a home invasion thriller? Buyers are being led across the threshold to Adam Wingard's You're Next, from a script by Simon Barrett which is due to shoot this spring in Missouri.
Produced by L.A. banner Snoot Entertainment, the U.K. sales and finance house HanWay Films is hawking the project for the first time at the European Film Market.
Wingard's movie already counts A.J. Bowen, Joe Swanberg and Amy Seimetz, all of whom were in his previous picture A Horrible Way to Die. He has also cast Ti West and James Ransone in Next.
The title will be produced by Snoot's Keith Calder and Jessica Wu along with Barrett.
You're Next details the story of the Davison family who come under attack from a group of sadistic murderers during a family reunion getaway. Barricaded in the vacation home, they fight off a barrage of attacks from both inside and outside the house. But the masked killers don't count on the yet-to-be-cast Erin, the young girlfriend of the eldest Davison son whose mysterious past has made her very difficult to kill.
Buyers are being told Barrett and Wingard "are the perfect team to inject some much-needed fun and energy into the home invasion genre."
Wingard and Barrett previously worked together on A Horrible Way to Die, which debuted at last year's Toronto International Film Festival.
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'