'Beyond the Hills' Scooped Up by Sundance Selects for North American Distribution
The drama is written and directed by "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days" filmmaker Cristian Mungiu.
Sundance Selects has acquired North American rights to Beyond the Hills, written and directed by 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days filmmaker Cristian Mungiu.
In the film, two childhood friends reunite in the isolated Romanian convent where one of them now lives. A new conflict arises between them that results in an exorcism. Cosmina Stratan, Cristina Flutur, Dana Tapalaga and Catalina Harabagiu star. Mungiu also wrote the screenplay and produced, along with Pascal Cauchteaux and Jean-Pierre Dardenne.
"Cristian Mungiu established himself as one of the great directors with 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days," said Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring. "We're honored to continue our relationship with him on his latest film Beyond the Hills. We're equally thrilled to continue working with Wild Bunch, the great producer Pascal Caucheteaux as well as Jean-Pierre Dardenne this time in the context of producer."
Sundance Selects/IFC Films exec Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch's Carole Baraton on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sundance Selects has released Buck, Pina, Cave of Forgotten Dreams and Weekend. Upcoming releases include The Kid With a Bike, We Have a Pope and Poliss.
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer Suggests That Playtime Is Over (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014