'Big Sur' Trailer: Kate Bosworth, Josh Lucas and an Older, Drunker Jack Kerouac (Video)
Michael Polish's adaptation of the late Kerouac novel stars Jean-Marc Barr, Kate Bosworth and Josh Lucas.
Now that On the Road finally has made it to the big screen, the Jack Kerouac adaptations keep coming.
Up next, a film version of a markedly different Kerouac novel, Big Sur. While On the Road told the story of a young Kerouac and Neal Cassady and their late-1940s adventures across the country, Big Sur depicts the consequences of the fame that the novel brought to its troubled author once it finally was published years later.
Michael Polish directs this tale of a man besieged by sudden notoriety and unable to cope with its trappings, such as TV appearances, recognition and wealth. Jean-Marc Barr plays a Kerouac nearly 15 years older than the one played by Sam Riley in Walter Salles' On the Road (and under the pseudonym Jack Duluoz, not Sal Paradise), while Josh Lucas plays the Cassady character (Cody Pomeray, not Garrett Hedlund's Dean Moriarty). Kate Bosworth, Polish's fiancee, plays the center of their love triangle, Billie.
As shown in the first trailer for the film, which will debut at Sundance, the story takes place in Big Sur, Calif., where Kerouac visited his friend Lawrence Ferlinghetti, as well as San Francisco.
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts