Bill Murray is a Wry FDR in First 'Hyde Park on Hudson' Trailer (Video)
The comedy legend takes on the role of the dynamic president in the Roger Michell-directed film.
If you had told people years ago that Bill Murray -- of Meatballs, Stripes, Caddy Shack and Ghostbusters fame -- would play perhaps the 20th century's most dynamic president in a non-satirical film, no one would have ever believed you.
Fast forward a quarter century and acclaimed dramatic roles in films such as The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore and Lost in Translation, and say hello to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, as portrayed by Murray himself.
In the first trailer for Hyde Park on Hudson, Murray smiles, jokes and wisely winks through the high tension 1939 meeting between America's First Couple, the King and Queen of England -- and the president's cousin and maybe-mistress. Based on true events, the film features Olivia Williams as Eleanor Roosevelt, Samuel West as King George VI, Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth and Laura Linney as Margaret Suckley, the cousin, intellectual companion and rumored mistress of the president.
The trailer hits the late 30s opulence of Roosevelt's home on the Hudson River well, as well as the social awkwardness between the royal couple and Roosevelt, who for all his family's money, fashioned himself a man of the people.
The film hits theaters on December 7.
- John Oliver Asks, 'How Is This Not a Thing?'; Consequently, He Has Several Intense Responses to Several Great Things That Don't Exist but Should
- Game of Thrones Recap: Moral Victories
- That Time a Baked Sound Engineer Changed Eminem's 'Stan' Forever
- Comedian Doug Stanhope Says Amber Heard Is Blackmailing Johnny Depp
- Viggo Mortensen Reveals Why He Turned Down Lots of Roles After 'LOTR'
- Madonna Fires Back at BET Awards After Prince BBMAs Shade
- Domhnall Gleeson Spends the Day at Disneyland With Rumored Girlfriend Juliette Bonass
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Meet Chrissy Teigen & John Legend's Daughter Luna - Watch Now!