'Bridesmaids'-Inspired Slap Has Malibu Teacher in Hot Water With NAACP
A 9th-grade high school instructor accused of taking a page from the Kristen Wiig film to discipline a student is now being investigated by the civil rights organization and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
A Malibu high school teacher is learning that acting like a character from Bridesmaids isn’t so funny in real life.
Last week, a 9th grader at Malibu High School told police her teacher slapped her in the face multiple times in a Bridesmaides-inspired incident. Now the Santa Monica branch of the NAACP is seeking to have a teacher removed, TMZ reports.
According to police reports, the teacher called student Dionne Evans to the front of the room after the girl forgot to bring her notebook to class. The teacher then asked “Did you see 'Bridesmaids'?" before allegedly slapping Dionne, who is an African American, six times.
The teacher was apparently referring to a scene in which Megan (Melissa McCarthy) slaps some sense into a moping Annie (Kristen Wiig).
The NAACP had plans to attend a school board meeting Thursday to request the teacher be put on administrative leave, pending an investigation. In addition to the civil rights organization, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is also investigating.
Earlier this week, KTLA reported a lawyer for the student's family had obtained an apology letter from the teacher, identified as Jennifer Gonzalez.
"Even though I thought my intentions were honorable, they did not come out that way and for that I am so very sorry,” the letter read. “Please know that I feel terrible about causing you pain and would like the opportunity to make it right."
- Scottie And Larsa Pippen's Divorce Is About To Get Uglier ... Or Not?
- Michael Moore Drops A Truth Bomb About Same-Sex Marriage On 'The View'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Getting Out of the 'Woodwork' with John Paul White; Getting 'Wild' in the Streets of Laredo
- Anna Camp Opens Up About Hollywood Sexual Harassment
- Breaking Down the Gilmore Girls Trailer: Sookie’s Back, Lane’s Still Drumming, Rory’s ... Finding Herself?
- Emma Watson Badly Wishes She Could Save America: ‘It Has Been Excruciating to Sit on the Sidelines’
- Glenn Close to Slink Down the Staircase and Into Your Heart in Sunset Boulevard on Broadway
- The Hidden Significance of Moonlight’s ‘Chiron’
- Justin Timberlake Takes Photos with Fans After Voting & May Have Broken the Law with This Selfie!
- Bruno Mars Says New Album '24K Magic' Is The Best He's Ever Done!
- Ryan Gosling Auditioned for 'Gilmore Girls' But Didn't Land Role for This Reason
- Kendall Jenner's Alleged Stalker Found Guilty for Trespassing