Brittany Snow Joins Cast of 'Pitch Perfect' (Exclusive)
The Universal musical comedy, with Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson, starts shooting mid-October.
Brittany Snow has joined the cast of the Universal musical comedy Pitch Perfect being produced by Gold Circle Films.
Jason Moore is directing the film, which takes place in the competitive world of a cappella singing groups. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson have already been cast in the story of an all-girls college a cappella group trying to rebuild with a shaky rookie in the lead so they can take on the all-guys championship team. Snow will play Chloe, a somewhat rigid personality who finds her spot in the group.
Kay Cannon adapted the screenplay from the nonfiction book written by GQ's Mickey Rapkin. Paul Brooks is producing for Gold Circle along with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman of Brownstone Prods. Universal execs Peter Cramer and Kiska Higgs will oversee the project for the studio.
Filming is scheduled to begin mid-October in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Snow has appeared in Hairspray, Prom Night and Finding Amanda. She will next be seen in Syrup, Petunia, 96 Minutes, Would You Rather and Janie Jones, which Tribeca Film will release in October.
- Happy 10th Anniversary To HuffPost, From All Your Famous Friends
- The Exceptional Touch of KCRW's Jason Bentley Shapes America's Musical Tastes
- Big Bird Actor Caroll Spinney Narrowly Escaped Being A Passenger On The Doomed Challenger Flight
- Jennifer Aniston May Star In Mean Girls Spin-Off Movie Mean Moms
- Max Greenfield on the New Girl Finale, Being Too Schmidt-y, and Sia
- What Age of Ultron Could Learn From Ex Machina
- The British Press Are Being Rather British Regarding Sarah Lucas’s Massive Penis Art in Venice
- Jeff Koons, Cindy Sherman, and Other Big Artists Push Against Garden-Killing Frick Expansion