BULLSEYE, Feb. 4: 'Roommate,' 'Sanctum,' 'Unknown,' 'Number Four,' More
See where audience interest is leading into the weekend.
It's Super Bowl weekend, which means the movie theaters won't be seeing especially strong traffic.
Undaunted, Screen Gems is rolling out its female-focused thriller The Roommate against Universal's 3D underwater action flick Sanctum. The Flixster Bullseye shows Roommate looking stronger, since the activity around it is larger even as the intensity of interest is matched by the James Cameron-produced actioner. Regardless, mostly women will be heading to Roommate while the guys not wrapped up in a weekend of football will likely be hitting Sanctum.
[Click grid for larger image.]
On a much smaller scale, IFC Films will release the dramas Cold Weather, which had its premiere at the 2010 SXSW film fest, and The Other Woman, with Oscar-nominated Black Swan star Natalie Portman. She will, of course, be competing with herself in the holdovers No Strings Attached from Paramount and Swan from Fox Searchlight.
Beyond that, the Adam Sandler-Jennifer Aniston-Nicole Kidman comedy Just Go With It from Sony is moving in to dominate the Feb. 11 weekend, while DreamWorks' I Am Number Four is showing major intensity in interest ahead of its Feb. 18 opening. But a look at the looming Liam Neeson action thriller Unknown shows that the guy could be teeing up another Taken.
And off to the side, growing inexorably like some cancerous mole? The Biebs. He's coming Feb. 11, and there's no stopping him. Never -- and I mean never -- say never.
Here's Pamela McClintock's box-office preview for the weekend for added analysis.
- Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge; A Masterfully Presented Classic at Seattle Rep
- Seattle Public Theater's Bad Jews; An Entertaining & Intriguing Look at Modern Religion & Tradition
- 7 Studio Jobs That Can Get Screenwriters Closer to Their Dreams
- Sandra Bullock Shares Concerns For Raising Black Son
- Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Chelsea Breaks Her Silence About Running Away in Revealing Interview
- Jim Carrey's Girlfriend Cathriona White Married to Mark Burton at Time of Her Death
- Morena Baccarin Displays Her Tiny Baby Bump After Announcing Pregnancy News
- ABC Family to Be Called 'Freeform' Staring January 2016