BULLSEYE, March 25: 'Wimpy Kid,' 'Sucker Punch,' 'Insidious,' 'Arthur,' More
See where audience interest is leading into the weekend.
Behold the Bullseye for the March 25 weekend. Mainly it will be a matchup between the eye candy of Warner Bros.' Sucker Punch and the youth-skewing comedy of Fox's Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules.
Standard tracking has the two films running pretty close, but the Bullseye is showing deeper, wider interest in Zack Snyder's action fantasia, though that interest is decidedly dude-centric. The tricky part is that Flixster isn't permitted to track young kids, so the lukewarm interest in Wimpy Kid shown here is likely misleading. Its bubble is also sitting right near the center of the target, which signals healthier four-quadrant returns. My bet is on Wimpy, though the final tally Monday could be very close.
[Click grid for larger image.]
Last week's holdovers -- Limitless, Paul, The Lincoln Lawyer -- aren't likely to hold very strong.
April 1 releases Source Code, Insidious and Hop are all burning with pretty intense interest, though Insidious and Hop are trending better as they show interest from women. It's too early to tell how the April 8 crop, which includes Hanna, Your Highness, Arthur and Soul Surfer, will do, but they've all got decent pockets of activity two weeks out.
Here's Pamela McClintock's box-office preview for the weekend for added analysis.
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life