CAA Signs Oscar-Nominated Writer-Director Tom Van Avermaet (Exclusive)
The Belgian filmmaker wrote and directed the live-action short "Death of a Shadow," which is vying for an Academy Award.
CAA has signed Tom Van Avermaet.
The Belgian filmmaker wrote and directed the short Death of a Shadow, which is up for an Oscar in the live-action category.
The short features fellow countryman Matthias Schoenaerts, also a CAA client.
Death of a Shadow marks Van Avermaet's first professional short film.
The story centers on a deceased World War I soldier who has to collect shadows to regain a second chance at life and love.
During its march toward an Oscar nomination, Death of a Shadow has racked up the kudos including the Best of the Fest Award at LA Shorts Fest 2012.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- Sam Rockwell on 'Laggies,' Dancing in Movies, and Playing More Subdued Roles
- Zelda Williams Honors Late Father Robin Williams With New Tattoo
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'John Wick,' 'The Hunger Games,' 'Jane the Virgin,' & More (VIDEO)
- James Spader Says His 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Villain Is 'Bats--t Crazy'
- Colin Farrell Gets Thrown Into the Mix For 'Doctor Strange' Role
- Lupita Nyong’o & Benedict Cumberbatch Get Together to Host Bally's Flagship Store Opening Party!
- Sarah Paulson Explains Why It's Difficult & Exhausting to Play Conjoined Twins on 'AHS'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Shares One of the Most Important Makeup Skills She's Learned