CBS Films Chief Amy Baer Exits Post
At the end of October, the exec will transition into a producing role at the company.
CBS Films president-CEO Amy Baer will leave her post at the end of October and transition into a producing role. Her new deal is still being hammered out.
No one is set to replace Baer in the top slot; an insider at the company indicates that the rest of the current executive crew -- COO Wolfgang Hammer, acquisitions chief Scott Shooman and distribution head Steven Friedlander -- will remain in place and run the show for the foreseeable future.
Baer prepares to exit her leadership role after a string of productions that met only middling success, including Extraordinary Measures, The Back-Up Plan, Faster, The Mechanic and Beastly.
Forthcoming releases include the acquisitions The Woman in Black and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which the company picked up at the Toronto film festival. The Coen Bros.-penned Gambit, starring Colin Firth, and American Assassin, which Ed Zwick is co-writing and directing, are also on the future slate.
The insider says that the company still plans to release five to six films per year, split evenly between homegrown productions and acquisitions.
“We thank Amy for her important role in building CBS Films," said CBS Corporation president and CEO Leslie Moonves, who launched the division with Baer in 2007. "Going forward, we remain fully committed to the division’s focus on a targeted slate of smart acquisitions and quality homegrown productions in all genres. CBS Films is small in the overall size and scope of our company, but continues to fit nicely with the Corporation's premium content strategy.”
- Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Video Has All The Butts You Could Ever Want In A Music Video
- CMA Songwriting: Chats with Bob DiPiero, Carrie Underwood, Easton Corbin, Kix Brooks, Chris Young, Ronnie Milsap & Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman
- The Special Way DWTS' Tony Dovolani Embraces Fatherhood and Raising His Autistic Son
- Mental Illness on TV
- Best of Late Night TV: Pierce Brosnan Fails at 'GoldenEye 007,' Chloe Grace Moretz Fakes Cello (VIDEO)
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)