Chris Pine Signs With CAA (Exclusive)
The actor has starred in "Star Trek," "Unstoppable" and "This Means War."
Chris Pine has signed with CAA's Kevin Huvane and Bryan Lourd.
The actor is best known for his starring role as Captain Kirk in Paramount Pictures' Star Trek (2009) -- a role he will reprise in Star Trek Into Darkness, which recently wrapped shooting.
His other credits include Unstoppable, This Means War and People Like Us.
Pine voices Jack Frost in DreamWorks Animation's Rise of the Guardians, which opens Nov. 21. He also has signed on to play the titular character in Paramount's forthcoming Jack Ryan, based on Tom Clancy's best-selling book series.
The film, directed by Kenneth Branagh, follows a young man becoming a CIA agent. The Jack Ryan role previously has been played on the big screen by Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck.
Pine is also represented by manager John Carrabino of John Carrabino Management and attorney Michael Gendler of Gendler & Kelly.
In November, Pine parted ways with boutique talent agency SDB Partners, which had represented the actor for nine years. He had been without talent agency representation since his departure from SDB.
- Tom Cruise Is Already Working on Another Mission: Impossible
- Watch Tyler, the Creator Dress Up as the Cat in the Hat and Rap in the Name of Dr. Seuss
- Feel Nostalgic, Uncomfortable With Lifetime's First Unauthorized Full House Story Movie Clip
- Report: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Thinking About Doing the Boston Bombing Pic Stronger
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes
- Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams Dig Into Church Scandal in 'Spotlight' Trailer
- 'Rogue Nation' Director Chris McQuarrie Reveals How to Make Great Action Scenes