Christine Birch Joins FilmDistrict as Marketing President
The former DreamWorks marketing chief will take over all domestic film marketing efforts.
Christine Birch has been hired by FilmDistrict as president of marketing. The former DreamWorks marketing chief will report to FilmDistrict CEO Peter Schlessel.
A Dartmouth College graduate, Birch had long stints in the marketing departments of Sony and DreamWorks, where she orchestrated the marketing campaigns for The Help, Real Steel and War Horse. She also worked on the Paramount-released films Disturbia, Tropic Thunder and the Transformers trilogy during her DreamWorks tenure.
Birch will oversee all aspects of FilmDistrict’s domestic feature film marketing activities.
“We’re excited to have Christine join the FilmDistrict team,” said Schlessel. “She’s long been known as one of the industry’s most versatile marketing executives. With a varied background in marketing, creative advertising and market research, she is a multi-faceted player who can think strategically, and execute creatively for our slate.”
FilmDistrict will next release the films Lockout April 13 (through Open Road), Safety Not Guaranteed June 8, Looper September 28, Red Dawn November 2 (through Open Road), Playing the Field December 25 and Parker January 25, 2013.
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!