Christine Birch Joins FilmDistrict as Marketing President
The former DreamWorks marketing chief will take over all domestic film marketing efforts.
Christine Birch has been hired by FilmDistrict as president of marketing. The former DreamWorks marketing chief will report to FilmDistrict CEO Peter Schlessel.
A Dartmouth College graduate, Birch had long stints in the marketing departments of Sony and DreamWorks, where she orchestrated the marketing campaigns for The Help, Real Steel and War Horse. She also worked on the Paramount-released films Disturbia, Tropic Thunder and the Transformers trilogy during her DreamWorks tenure.
Birch will oversee all aspects of FilmDistrict’s domestic feature film marketing activities.
“We’re excited to have Christine join the FilmDistrict team,” said Schlessel. “She’s long been known as one of the industry’s most versatile marketing executives. With a varied background in marketing, creative advertising and market research, she is a multi-faceted player who can think strategically, and execute creatively for our slate.”
FilmDistrict will next release the films Lockout April 13 (through Open Road), Safety Not Guaranteed June 8, Looper September 28, Red Dawn November 2 (through Open Road), Playing the Field December 25 and Parker January 25, 2013.
- Hailee Steinfeld Shows Off Singing Chops With Shawn Mendes 'Stitches' Duet
- Sh*t That Everyone Seems To Inexplicably Do In An Uber
- See The Emotional First Teaser For Cary Fukunaga's Netflix Film, 'Beasts Of No Nation'
- This Is The Awesome Body-Positive Mantra Kate Winslet Recites With Her Teenage Daughter
- Quiz: Who Said It, Real Housewife Ramona Singer or Fake Youngster Ramona Quimby?
- Morrissey Says He Was Sexually Assaulted by San Francisco Airport Security
- Taxi Driver, Girls, and 7 Other Big Influences on Mr. Robot
- Difficult People Trailer: Julie Klausner Joins Billy Eichner in Shouting at People on the Street