Christine Birch Joins FilmDistrict as Marketing President
The former DreamWorks marketing chief will take over all domestic film marketing efforts.
Christine Birch has been hired by FilmDistrict as president of marketing. The former DreamWorks marketing chief will report to FilmDistrict CEO Peter Schlessel.
A Dartmouth College graduate, Birch had long stints in the marketing departments of Sony and DreamWorks, where she orchestrated the marketing campaigns for The Help, Real Steel and War Horse. She also worked on the Paramount-released films Disturbia, Tropic Thunder and the Transformers trilogy during her DreamWorks tenure.
Birch will oversee all aspects of FilmDistrict’s domestic feature film marketing activities.
“We’re excited to have Christine join the FilmDistrict team,” said Schlessel. “She’s long been known as one of the industry’s most versatile marketing executives. With a varied background in marketing, creative advertising and market research, she is a multi-faceted player who can think strategically, and execute creatively for our slate.”
FilmDistrict will next release the films Lockout April 13 (through Open Road), Safety Not Guaranteed June 8, Looper September 28, Red Dawn November 2 (through Open Road), Playing the Field December 25 and Parker January 25, 2013.
- And Now, Here Are the 23 Most Outrageous Moments from 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 21 Adrenaline-Pumping Blunders From Your Favorite Action Movies (PHOTOS)
- Best of Late Night TV: Zoe Saldana's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Makeup, Heidi Klum Rolls With Jimmy Fallon (VIDEO)
- Here's What's New on Netflix for August 2014
- Here's a List of the Ten Greatest Lines From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'!
- Kristen Bell Plays Dress Up on Night Off from 'Hair' Rehearsals
- Vin Diesel Covers 'Stay With Me' & Really Goes For Those High Notes - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez & Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dating Rumors Still Haven't Been Put to Rest