Clint Eastwood’s 'J. Edgar' Trailer Premieres (Video)
The Warner Bros. biopic stars Leonardo DiCaprio, and is already generating Oscar buzz.
“Even great men can be corrupted,” says Leonardo DiCaprio’s J. Edgar Hoover in the trailer for Clint Eastwood’s highly anticipated biopic.
And there are plenty of great men in the Warner Bros. film: Oscar winner Clint Eastwood directs, Oscar-nominated actor Leonardo DiCaprio stars, and the screenplay was written by Dustin Lance Black, who won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar for 2008's Milk. With such a stacked deck, the Warner Bros. film has already been generating plenty of Oscar buzz, due to its very stacked deck.
ANALYSIS: Why Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt Are the Frontrunners in Oscar's Best Actor Race
Although there’s been months of hype, the trailer that premiered Monday is the first hint we’ve gotten as to what the film actually looks like. J. Edgar follows the mysterious life of the man who started and ran the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
PHOTOS: Fall Movies 2011: Warner Bros.
The film, which will debut at the AFI fest on November 3, also stars Armie Hammer, Judi Dench, Naomi Watts, Josh Lucas and Ed Westwick. It is set for a November 9 release.
Watch the trailer below or in HD on Apple, where the trailer premiered.
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'