Colin Hanks Goes Homicidal in 'It's a Wonderful Life' Parody (Video)
With some help from Patton Oswalt, David Koechner and Weird Al, Hanks channels Jimmy Stewart in a very angry way for this holiday classic spoof.
Colin Hanks makes a convincing Jimmy Stewart, minus the whole murderous rage punch thing.
In a special edition of the weekly live action YouTube comic Puddin' Strip, Hanks plays Stewart's George Bailey in a send up of a climactic scene in the Christmas classic It's a Wonderful Life. Set in an office lunch room -- like all the Puddin' Strip videos -- Hanks-as-Bailey argues for the office's workers to rise up against the corrupt Mr. Potter, who is trying to purchase the Savings and Loan building in town.
Among those listening are Patton Oswalt and Weird Al Yankovic, though the action is driven by a particularly shrill woman who needs some cash, quick. Her incessant yelping doesn't really end up working out in her favor, unfortunately.
This is definitely a 21st century take on an old favorite.
- Kanye West Sleeps Off Orgy With Taylor Swift And Donald Trump In 'Famous' Music Video
- Watch Rory Gilmore Geek Out With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Maybe Keep the Lights on While Watching the Trailer For Lights Out
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Baby Aziz, and Donald Trump
- Here's the Naked-People-In-Bed Painting That Influenced Kanye's 'Famous' Video