Dimension Nabs Rights to Thriller 'Compulsion'
The project, which is currently shooting in Canada, stars Heather Graham and Carrie-Anne Moss.
Dimension Films announced Wednesday that it has acquired U.S. distribution rights to the psychological thriller Compulsion.
The film, which is shooting in Ontario, Canada, stars Heather Graham, Carrie-Anne Moss, Kevin Dillon and Joe Mantegna.
Compulsion is based on the 1995 South Korean film 301, 302 and centers on two women occupying neighboring apartments, each grappling with obsessions that have begun to overtake their lives. Egidio Coccimiglio is directing. The film was written by Floyd Byars and will feature cinematography from Vilmos Zsigmond.
Graham portrays Amy, a chef whose need to be desired is so far-reaching that she becomes a star in her own imaginary cooking show. Moss is Saffron, a reclusive ex-child star who is battling anorexia.
“The combination of a great script, two very strong female leads and a suspenseful tone and pace made Compulsion a highly sought after project for the company,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of Dimension parent company the Weinstein Co., in a statement.
Gary Howsam and Bill Marks are producing; the executive producers include Anders Palm and Jeff Sackman, whose TAJJ Media is managing the distribution rights licensing for the picture. Etchie Stroh and Moonstone Entertainment are handling international rights.
The deal was negotiated for Dimension in-house by Andrew Kramer; the filmmakers were represented by Sackman.
- The 'Jurassic World' Trailer You've Been Waiting for Is Finally Here (VIDEO)
- 'The Interview' Trailer: James Franco and Seth Rogen Invade North Korea
- Best of Late Night TV: Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow's 'Celebrity Curse Off,' Tim Allen's Turkey Scooter Race (VIDEO)
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'The Imitation Game,' 'Penguins of Madagascar,' & More
- Spirit Awards 2015 Nominations Revealed - See the Complete List Here!
- See All the Scariest Moments From the 'Jurassic World' Trailer Right Here!
- Eddie Redmayne, Jack O'Connell, & More Are GQ's Breakout Stars of 2014!
- Rachel Bilson Emerges One Month After Giving Birth to Daughter Briar Rose (Photos)!