'The Dictator' Trailer: Sacha Baron Cohen Reigns Supreme (Video)
The "Borat" actor takes on the role of an evil tyrant for Paramount’s upcoming movie.
The first teaser for The Dictator starts out with clips of some of President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, among other leaders, talking about the tyrant who must be stopped.
That tyrant, General Aladeen, is played by Sacha Baron Cohen, who puts on the garb and a serious beard to portray an evil ruler of a fictional third-world country who is exiled to the U.S. The film is clearly a thinly veiled satire of the infamous and often strange behavior of certain leaders, including the late Saddam Hussein and Moammar Gadhafi.
The film is inspired by the novel Zabibah and The King by Saddam Hussein.
What else does the trailer show? A terrorist joke about the Empire State Building by John C. Reilly. A run-by-shooting on a track field.
And sex with Megan Fox.
In one of the funniest snippets, Fox is paid for sex with a handful of gems.
“What’s this? A ruby? Is that a joke? What am I, a Kardashian?” she says.
“No of course not, you’re much less hairy,” responds Cohen’s character.
The film, co-written by Cohen, is currently set for a May 11, 2012, release.
- Report: Nickelodeon Might Make Your Life and Bring Back Some of Your Favorite Childhood Classics
- Stephen Colbert, Jeb! Bush Get Into Intense VIP Offer War
- Watch The Biebs Explain What the Deal Was With All Those VMA Emotions, Forgetfully Reveal His New Album's Release Date
- Please Adjust Your Book Club Schedules: Gucci Mane's Autobiography Is on the Way
- Here's Lucy! Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball
- Oscars 2016 Ceremony Will Have Two (or More) Hosts, Since It Went So Well Last Time
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Looking at Gina Rodriguez, Tatiana Maslany, Olivia Cooke For Lead Role
- Candace Cameron Bure Talks 'Fuller House': 'It Feels Like We Didn't Skip a Beat'