Drafthouse Films Picks Up Filipino Crime Thriller 'Graceland'
The crime movie will get a limited theatrical run plus a VOD release in 2013.
Drafthouse Films, the film distribution arm of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, has picked the North American rights to Filipino crime saga Graceland.
Drafthouse is planning a limited theatrical opening as well as VOD release in 2013.
The movie premiered at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival and will have its Texas premiere at this year’s Fantastic Fest, which runs Sept. 20 - 27.
Written and directed by Ron Morales, the story is set in the corrupt underworld of Manila, the Philippines’ capital, and follows a desperate man who ends up making a series of moral compromises in a tale of kidnapping gone wrong.
- Tom Cruise Is Already Working on Another Mission: Impossible
- Watch Tyler, the Creator Dress Up as the Cat in the Hat and Rap in the Name of Dr. Seuss
- Feel Nostalgic, Uncomfortable With Lifetime's First Unauthorized Full House Story Movie Clip
- Report: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Thinking About Doing the Boston Bombing Pic Stronger
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes
- Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams Dig Into Church Scandal in 'Spotlight' Trailer
- 'Rogue Nation' Director Chris McQuarrie Reveals How to Make Great Action Scenes