Drake Doremus' 'Breathe In' Acquired by Cohen Media Group
The drama, which premiered at Sundance, stars Guy Pearce, Felicity Jones and Amy Ryan.
Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Drake Doremus’ Breathe In, which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
It is slated for a late 2013 theatrical release.
The film follows a family in a small upstate New York town whose world is turned upside-down with the arrival of a British exchange student.
Felicity Jones, who also starred in Doremus’ film Like Crazy, plays the 18-year-old British student, who catches the eye of the patriarch of her host family, played by Guy Pearce. Amy Ryan stars as the wife of Pearce’s character.
Jonathan Schwartz and Andrea Sperling of Super Crispy Entertainment produced, along with Steven Rales and Mark Roybal of Indian Paintbrush, which also financed the film.
Breathe In was the third of Doremus’ films to play at the Sundance Film Festival. His previous film Like Crazy, starring Jones, Jennifer Lawrence and Anton Yelchin, won the Grand Jury Prize in 2011, and his film Douchebag competed in the dramatic competition in 2010.
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' Can't Be Stopped on the Billboard Hot 100!
- Amanda Seyfried To Take Part in 24 Hour Plays on Broadway with Nina Dobrev, Justin Long, & More!
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rose McGowan Hit Up Hollywood for 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Premiere!
- Daniel Radcliffe Knows He's Fortunate to Do a Job He Adores