Drake Doremus' 'Breathe In' Acquired by Cohen Media Group
The drama, which premiered at Sundance, stars Guy Pearce, Felicity Jones and Amy Ryan.
Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Drake Doremus’ Breathe In, which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
It is slated for a late 2013 theatrical release.
The film follows a family in a small upstate New York town whose world is turned upside-down with the arrival of a British exchange student.
Felicity Jones, who also starred in Doremus’ film Like Crazy, plays the 18-year-old British student, who catches the eye of the patriarch of her host family, played by Guy Pearce. Amy Ryan stars as the wife of Pearce’s character.
Jonathan Schwartz and Andrea Sperling of Super Crispy Entertainment produced, along with Steven Rales and Mark Roybal of Indian Paintbrush, which also financed the film.
Breathe In was the third of Doremus’ films to play at the Sundance Film Festival. His previous film Like Crazy, starring Jones, Jennifer Lawrence and Anton Yelchin, won the Grand Jury Prize in 2011, and his film Douchebag competed in the dramatic competition in 2010.
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)