Film Movement Picks Up Elie Wajeman's 'Aliyah'
The film, which screened in the Directors Fortnight' at Cannes, will be released early in 2013.
Film Movement has acquired North Amrican rights to Elie Wajeman’s Aliyah, which screened in the Directors’ Fortnight at the recent Cannes Film Festival.
The French language feature stars Pio Marmai as a Jewish drug dealer in Paris who is caught between family ties and dreams of moving to a better life in Israel.
The distributor is planning a New York theatrical opening in the first quarter of 2013, along with a day-and-date cable VOD premiere.
The acquisition was negotiated by Rebeca Conget, vp of acquisitions and distribution at Film Movement, and Sébastien Chesneau, head of international sales at REZO.
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!