Elijah Wood is a Murderous 'Maniac' in New Teaser for the Slasher Remake (Video)
The "Lord of the Rings" star takes the lead in the revisiting of the 1980 psychothriller, which is premiering at Cannes.
Elijah Wood's huge eyes and boyish face offer a certain cherubic purity to a director in search for a hopeful protagonist -- which means that, twisted and inverted, they also present a potential nightmare.
Best known for his work in The Lord of the Rings trilogy as idealistic and determined hobbit Frodo, Wood is subverting that image in Maniac, a remake of the William Lustig-directed 1980 slasher film. Wood takes on the role of Frank, originally played by Joe Spinelli.
Frank, a victim of child abuse, owns a mannequin store, and is sought out by an artist named Anna (played here by Nora Arnezeder) for help with her upcoming exhibition. Soon, scalping mannequins stirs Frank's inner demons, unleashing a scornful serial killer who wants skin, not plastic.
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- David Alan Basche Tells Us His 5 Favorite Movies Featuring Sitcom Stars
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Leslie Jones to Cast
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!