'End of Watch' Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Pena are Endangered L.A. Cops (Video)
The two actors play L.A. beat officers who meddle with a dangerous gang and become its number one target.
End of Watch will mark Jake Gyllenhaal's first movie in over a year, and he's jumping right into the fire.
The Oscar nominee plays Officer Taylor, a Los Angeles cop who patrols the toughest parts of the city with his partner, Officer Zavala, played by Michael Pena. They're young, brash and really good at their jobs, which leads to a certain ego-driven bravery that leads them into a gang den -- and into the center of its bullseye.
It's not just a cop film; the movie, written and directed by David Ayers, also focuses on both Gyllenhaal and Pena's young families. Anna Kendrick plays Gyllenhaal's wife, while America Ferrara and Cody Horn play officers as well.
The film hits theaters on Sept. 28.
- Best of Late Night TV: John Oliver's Self-Tasering and Conan O'Brien's Superbowl 'Clueless Gamer' (VIDEO)
- Watch Live! 'Black or White' Star Kevin Costner's One-on-One With Mr. Moviefone
- 'Still Alice' Review: Julianne Moore Anchors Intense Alzheimer's Film
- 'Terminator: Genisys' Super Bowl Trailer Features Arnold & Action Galore (VIDEO)
- Nick Jonas Has a Long Day in Paris While His Brothers Take on the States
- John Krasinski Shows Off His Full Beard After Working Out
- This Supercut of Jimmy Fallon's Favorite 'Ew!' Moments is Hilarious - Watch Here!
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne