'End of Watch' Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Pena are Endangered L.A. Cops (Video)
The two actors play L.A. beat officers who meddle with a dangerous gang and become its number one target.
End of Watch will mark Jake Gyllenhaal's first movie in over a year, and he's jumping right into the fire.
The Oscar nominee plays Officer Taylor, a Los Angeles cop who patrols the toughest parts of the city with his partner, Officer Zavala, played by Michael Pena. They're young, brash and really good at their jobs, which leads to a certain ego-driven bravery that leads them into a gang den -- and into the center of its bullseye.
It's not just a cop film; the movie, written and directed by David Ayers, also focuses on both Gyllenhaal and Pena's young families. Anna Kendrick plays Gyllenhaal's wife, while America Ferrara and Cody Horn play officers as well.
The film hits theaters on Sept. 28.
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Neon Hitch's New Single 'Yard Sale' - Listen Now! (Exclusive Premiere)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Steps Out in East Hampton for 'Hector and the Search for Happiness' Screening!
- Bradley Cooper & Sienna Miller Begin Filming Their Second Movie Together, 'Adam Jones'!
- Sam Heughan & Caitriona Balfe Are Picture Perfect at 'Outlander' Screening