Ethan Peck, Mimi Gianopulos to Star in 'Wine of Summer'
Elsa Pataky, Marcia Gay Harden and Sonia Braga will also appear in the Maria Matteoli film.
Ethan Peck and Mimi Gianopulos are starring in The Wine of Summer, an indie drama from first time director Maria Matteoli.
Elsa Pataky (Fast Five), Marcia Gay Harden (Whip It), Sonia Braga (TV’s Alias) and Kelsey Chow (Pair of Kings) also appear in the movie, written by Matteoli.
The story follows an actor (Peck) who is struggling with his craft while working on a play. In frustration, he travels to Spain in search of the plays’ author, inadvertently bringing together five people whose fates intertwine.
Gianopulos plays the actor’s best friend.
Al Hayes and Scott David are producing the project, which began shooting this week in Madrid, Spain.
Peck, the grandson of Gregory Peck, recently wrapped a co-starring role in the Australian film Mine Games and will be seen in Andrew Niccol’s sci-fi movie In Time, which opens October 28.
For Gianopulos, the daughter of Fox chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos, the role continues her burgeoning career in acting. Gianopulos is making her acting debut with the all-star ensemble comedy What To Expect When You’re Expecting.
Peck and Gianopulos are repped by ICM.
- Partner, Let Me Upgrade You: Hulu Finally Offers a Commercial-Free Option
- Two of Your Favorite TV Actresses Might Be in the New Star Wars
- Samantha Bee’s Full Frontal Teaser Has the Cojones Needed to Take on Those Late-Night Dudes
- Jon Stewart Only Has Great Things to Say About Stephen Colbert and His Late Show Gig
- Kate Upton Walks the Edge of the CN Tower with Boyfriend Justin Verlander
- Freida Pinto, Jenna Dewan & Rosario Dawson Celebrate The A List 15th Anniversary!
- Rihanna's Rumored Love Interest Lewis Hamilton Speaks to Dating Rumors
- Miranda Lambert & Jake Owen Perform at ACM Honors 2015 Following Their Splits