Protagonist Picture CEO Mike Goodridge Pens Book on Directing
"Filmcraft: Directing" features interviews with notable directors, including Clint Eastwood, Guillermo del Toro and Paul Greengrass
Filmcraft: Directing, a new book about the art of directing by Protagonist Pictures CEO Mike Goodridge, has just been published by Focal Press/Ilex.
The book features interviews with sixteen notable directors, including Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby, Unforgiven), Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth), Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, United 93), Peter Weir (The Truman Show, Dead Poet's Society), Terry Gilliam (Brazil), who share their insights and experiences on everything from developing a script to working with the crew to editing.
The anecdotes are lavishly illustrated with photographs, shot-by-shot breakdowns, storyboards, reproduced journal notes and other archival material.
Filmcraft is intended for a wide audience, including fans, film students and industry veterans. The interviews are intended be accessible to ordinary fans but offer detailed insight that will be of use to industry professionals as well.
Author Goodridge assumed the job of CEO of Protagonist Pictures in late May. Previously, he was the editor of Screen International and a long-time film critic.
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity