FilmDistrict Names Jim Orr Distribution President
The former MGM and Paramount exec joins newly hired marketing chief Christine Birch.
FilmDistrict has hired former MGM and Paramount exec Jim Orr as president of distribution. Orr will report to FilmDistrict CEO Peter Schlessel.
The hiring comes on the heels of the company bringing on Christine Birch as its marketing president in March.
“We’re really excited to have Jim join the FilmDistrict team,” said Schlessel. “His outstanding relationships with exhibitors, knowledge of the marketplace and years of experience in every aspect of distribution make him the perfect fit for our new team and our slate.”
Most recently president of consulting outfit Steamboat Rock Entertainment, Orr held the positions of executive vp and general sales manager of theatrical distribution and senior vp domestic distribution at MGM and Paramount. He shepherded the releases of Hot Tub Time Machine and Valkyrie in North America while at MGM.
Orr will oversee distribution of upcoming FilmDistrict features Lockout (through Open Road), Safety Not Guaranteed, Looper (with Endgame Entertainment and Sony Pictures), Red Dawn (through Open Road), Playing the Field and Parker, as well as a sequel to Insidious.
The FilmDistrict executive team also includes president of acquisitions and operations Adrian Alperovich and executive vp acquisitions Lia Buman.
- Jon Stewart Gives 'Schoolhouse Rock' A Modern Makeover On 'The Daily Show'
- Jimmy Kimmel Named 'Most Dangerous Celebrity' To Search For Online
- Theater: "You Can't" Can't But James Earl Jones Surely Can
- "Cruisin'" with Jesse J & Smokey Robinson, Plus Chatting with Kandace Springs, Steve Arrington and AJ Croce
- Best of Late Night TV: Tyler Perry's Drone Race and Jimmy Kimmel's Pot Quiz (VIDEO)
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason