First 'Django Unchained' Poster Unveiled (Photo)
A simple, monochromatic design marks the newly released promotional art for the upcoming Quentin Tarantino film.
Behold, the initial one-sheet for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, featuring... a chain.
The Oscar-winner's next movie, a slave-revenge epic set in the 1800s, isn't short on star power, but it eschews big names for the first publicity material. Instead, we're greeted with a chain with a broken link and the silhouettes of two men standing below. Also noteworthy is the use of Spanish underneath.
Presumably, those two shadows represent Christoph Waltz and Jamie Foxx, who play Dr. King Schultz bounty hunter and freed slave Django, respectively, who head back to a plantation to free Foxx's on-screen wife Broomhilda, played by Kerry Washington. She's stuck on the plantation owned by the maniacal Calvin Candie, who is played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
The film will also feature Sacha Baron Cohen, Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell; Joseph Gordon-Levitt just dropped out of the film last week. Django Unchained is slated to hit theaters in December.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!