First Look: 'Coriolanus' Poster Featuring Ralph Fiennes and Gerard Butler (Exclusive)
In The Weinstein Company film, the actors play sworn enemies who are forced to work together for the sake of revenge.
A new poster for The Weinstein Company’s Coriolanus reveals a dramatic face off between two leading men, Ralph Fiennes and Gerard Butler.
The film, based on a play by William Shakespeare, follows Caius Martius “Coriolanus” (Fiennes), a powerful Roman general, who is at odds with the city of Rome. When he seeks the esteemed position of Consul, he lacks the votes and love of the public needed to win the title. His anger at the public’s dislike of him causes a riot that leads to his expulsion from Rome. Coriolanus is forced to turn to his sworn enemy, Tullus Aufidius (Butler), for the help he needs to take revenge on the city.
Fiennes, who makes his directorial debut with Coriolanus, is familiar with the play because he was part of a stage production that was directed by Jonathan Kent.
- Live From New York: Darrell Hammond Is the New Voice of 'SNL,' Replacing the Late Don Pardo
- 'Doctor Who' Alum Matt Smith Joins 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- J.J. Abrams Reveals the Millennium Falcon From 'Star Wars: Episode VII' (VIDEO)
- Sorry, Dallas Fans: Matthew McConaughey Isn't in 'Magic Mike XXL'
- Newlyweds Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Make First Public Appearance After Wedding
- Michael B. Jordan & Jesse Williams Step Out for Ultimate Stud Fest at 'Men's Fitness' Game Changers Party 2014
- Erin Heatherton & Jordin Sparks Rep Their Favorite Teams at NFL Fashion Launch!
- Jude Law Dresses to Impress For 'Symphony in Blue: A Journey To the Centre of The Glass'