'The Five-Year Engagement' Trailer: Jason Segel and Emily Blunt Can't Settle on a Wedding Date (Video)
The Universal comedy hits theaters April 27, 2012.
Rom-coms are back and this time it's The Five-Year Engagement with Jason Segel and Emily Blunt vying for moviegoers' attention.
The Universal comedy starts off with Tom (Segel) and Victoria (Blunt) getting engaged (with fireworks in the background, no less) and a video parading Tom's past romances, complete with a customized song by his best friend (Chris Pratt).
But when Victoria enters into a program at the University of Michigan, months turn into years and before they know it, it's been five. That's when the re-evaluation begins.
"Have you two picked a date yet?"
"Not yet, but ... within the year."
Community actress Alison Brie tries her hand at a British accent playing Blunt's younger sister Suzie who tries to talk some sense into Victoria. The Five-Year Engagement offers glimpses of Blunt wearing a more comedic hat; at one point during the trailer, she takes part in a memorable pratfall and getting shot at by a dart (by the hand of a young girl, of course).
Directed by Nicholas Stoller, who co-wrote the film with Segel, Five-Year Engagement opens in U.S. theaters April 27, 2012. Jacki Weaver and Rhys Ifans also star.
Watch the trailer below:
- Sweet Painting Lady: Ciara McAvoy Resurrects the Art of the Movie Poster
- Illustrators Protest Qatar's Alleged World Cup Labor Abuses With Redesigned Logos
- Let Rapping Big Bird Make Your Day As He Throws Down To Big Pun's 'Still Not A Player'
- This Creative Bride And Groom Had A Bunch Of Puppets Officiate Their Wedding
- Dang, Kanye West Settled That Lawsuit Over His 'Bound 2' Sample
- Lenny Jacobson on the Crazy Big Time In Hollywood, FL Finale, and Why the Show Makes for a Perfect Binge-Watch
- Batman Spotted on Suicide Squad Set Doing Batman Stuff
- Jeremy Renner Reenacted Wedding Crashers, Except for That Very Long, Unfunny Part in the Third Act