Focus Features to Distribute Director Joe Wright's 'Anna Karenina'
Keira Knightley and Jude Law star in the new adaptation of the Tolstoy classic.
Focus Features will distribute the Joe Wright-directed adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's classic Anna Karenina in the United States in the second half of 2012. Universal Pictures International will distribute the movie internationally.
Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Aaron Johnson, Kelly Macdonald, Matthew Macfadyen and Emily Watson star in the adaptation written by Tom Stoppard (Shakespeare in Love). Filming begins in the U.K. and Russia this month.
Working Title co-chairs Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Paul Webster.
“Joe Wright is a master filmmaker, and with Tom Stoppard’s brilliant screenplay this Anna Karenina will be full of both pageantry and emotion," said Focus Features CEO James Schamus. "To realize Joe’s vision, we have the perfect producing partners in Working Title and Paul Webster, whose acumen is unsurpassed. With Keira Knightley playing this iconic role and a splendid cast supporting her, today’s moviegoers will be drawn to this powerful story.”
Wright previously made Pride & Prejudice and Atonement with Focus and Working Title.
Working Title has Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy; Contraband; Senna; Johnny English Reborn; and Everybody Loves Whales forthcoming. Focus most recently released The Debt and One Day.
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' Can't Be Stopped on the Billboard Hot 100!
- Amanda Seyfried To Take Part in 24 Hour Plays on Broadway with Nina Dobrev, Justin Long, & More!
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rose McGowan Hit Up Hollywood for 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Premiere!
- Daniel Radcliffe Knows He's Fortunate to Do a Job He Adores