Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie' Trailer Debuts (Video)
Winona Ryder, Martin Landau and Martin Short lead the voice cast for the Disney film, based on Burton's 1984 short.
The trailer for Tim Burton's feature-length, black-and-white film, Frankenweenie, has debuted.
This isn't the first incarnation of the project, which was first released as a short in 1984 and was a parody of (and an homage to) Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. In this go-around, the updated remake will center on Victor Frankenstein, who attempts to bring his dog back to life after it is struck by a car.
It starts like any other movie, with a young boy pining over the loss of his best friend, but of course, with all Burton projects, it takes a dark twist. In the trailer, Victor is seen going to extreme measures (including what at first is an unsuccessful attempt at using lightning to his advantage). But wait, Sparky's back! Of course, there has to be a catch.
Featuring a voice cast that includes Winona Ryder, Martin Landau, Martin Short and Catherine O'Hara, the stop-motion animated Frankenweenie will be released in IMAX 3D.
Disney's Frankenweenie opens in theaters Oct. 5.
Watch the trailer below:
- New 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Teaser Brings Us 'All The Way' To The Dark Side
- GOP Donors Have No Plan To Stop Trump
- After Paris, the Show Must Go on. Broadway at White House Kristen Chenoweth, Gloria Estefan, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Washington Redskins Bring Back Insensitive Thanksgiving Tradition For Another Year
- Victoria Justice Splits From Pierson Fode (Exclusive)
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Had a 'Hot Date' This Week & It Wasn't With Jason Statham!
- Mariah Carey Hits Thanksgiving Day Parade, Sings 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' (Video)
- Prince Harry Gives Touching Tribute to Princess Diana at Children’s Centre Opening