Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie' Trailer Debuts (Video)
Winona Ryder, Martin Landau and Martin Short lead the voice cast for the Disney film, based on Burton's 1984 short.
The trailer for Tim Burton's feature-length, black-and-white film, Frankenweenie, has debuted.
This isn't the first incarnation of the project, which was first released as a short in 1984 and was a parody of (and an homage to) Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. In this go-around, the updated remake will center on Victor Frankenstein, who attempts to bring his dog back to life after it is struck by a car.
It starts like any other movie, with a young boy pining over the loss of his best friend, but of course, with all Burton projects, it takes a dark twist. In the trailer, Victor is seen going to extreme measures (including what at first is an unsuccessful attempt at using lightning to his advantage). But wait, Sparky's back! Of course, there has to be a catch.
Featuring a voice cast that includes Winona Ryder, Martin Landau, Martin Short and Catherine O'Hara, the stop-motion animated Frankenweenie will be released in IMAX 3D.
Disney's Frankenweenie opens in theaters Oct. 5.
Watch the trailer below:
- ‘Dating Naked' Star Is Suing Because Everyone Saw Her Naked
- Drop What You're Doing and Click Here to Watch Robin Williams on Inside the Actors Studio Now
- VIDEO Chief of the Mad Men, Matthew Weiner, Talks About Are You Here
- Duncan Carter Tackles 24 Of Britney Spears' Biggest Hits In This Amazing Mashup (VIDEO)
- Neal Brennan Discusses Cup Size in His 'When the Game Stands Tall' Trailer Review (VIDEO)
- The 20 Best Movies of 2014 (So Far)
- Best of Late Night TV: Serena Williams' Shattering Serve and Giada De Laurentiis' Game of Catchphrase (VIDEO)
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)