Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie' Trailer Debuts (Video)
Winona Ryder, Martin Landau and Martin Short lead the voice cast for the Disney film, based on Burton's 1984 short.
The trailer for Tim Burton's feature-length, black-and-white film, Frankenweenie, has debuted.
This isn't the first incarnation of the project, which was first released as a short in 1984 and was a parody of (and an homage to) Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. In this go-around, the updated remake will center on Victor Frankenstein, who attempts to bring his dog back to life after it is struck by a car.
It starts like any other movie, with a young boy pining over the loss of his best friend, but of course, with all Burton projects, it takes a dark twist. In the trailer, Victor is seen going to extreme measures (including what at first is an unsuccessful attempt at using lightning to his advantage). But wait, Sparky's back! Of course, there has to be a catch.
Featuring a voice cast that includes Winona Ryder, Martin Landau, Martin Short and Catherine O'Hara, the stop-motion animated Frankenweenie will be released in IMAX 3D.
Disney's Frankenweenie opens in theaters Oct. 5.
Watch the trailer below:
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Trailer Teases The Coming War
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer Suggests That Playtime Is Over (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014